Welcome to the 2021-2022 Residency Navigator season. Last year, 90% of 4th-year medical students used Doximity’s Residency Navigator to discover and explore over 4,000 residency programs, 275,000 ratings and reviews, alumni maps, specialization analyses and more.
Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of the Nomination and Satisfaction Surveys that power the Residency Navigator. There are two surveys that power Doximity’s Residency Navigator:
- The Satisfaction Survey: current residents and alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years are asked to provide feedback on several program characteristics and submit an anonymous written review of the residency program where they trained. This survey’s data powers the free-text reviews and ratings on your program’s page, but does not influence the ordering of programs on the site (research, reputation, etc).
- The Nomination Survey: eligible board certified physicians can nominate up to five residency programs that provide quality clinical training in their specialty. This survey’s data is then used to construct an ordering of programs.
- April 29th, 2021: Nomination & Satisfaction Surveys Open
- June 4th, 2021: Nomination Survey Closes
- New policy re: Satisfaction Survey Close: In an effort to provide the most up-to-date, relevant program reviews to our users, we will no longer be closing the Satisfaction Survey. We will continue to publish reviews in a timely manner after the launch date in mid-July. However, the Satisfaction Survey must be submitted by June 4th in order to be included on the 2021-2022 Residency Navigator on launch date.
How to Vote
There are two ways to access the Nomination and Satisfaction Surveys:
Option 1: Directly log into Doximity starting April 29th. Eligible participants can access the survey(s) by clicking on the survey nudge(s) at the top right corner of their homepage:
Option 2: Complete the Survey(s) via email. An email will be sent to eligible participants in waves starting April 29th. The email will be sent to the email address associated with each participant’s Doximity account.
For further information about each of the surveys, please check out the Nomination Survey and the Satisfaction Survey FAQs, or you can download this Residency Navigator 2-pager to learn more general information about Doximity’s 2021-2022 Residency Navigator.Back to Blog