1) What is the Satisfaction Survey?
The Satisfaction Survey allows current residents and alumni to provide feedback on several program characteristics and submit an anonymous written review of the residency program where they trained.
2) Where can I find the link for the Satisfaction Survey?
3) How does the Satisfaction Survey contribute to the Residency Navigator?
The data from the Satisfaction Survey powers the free-text reviews and ratings on culture, work flexibility, etc. on your program’s page, but does not influence the ordering of programs on the site (research, reputation, etc).
4) What are the Satisfaction Survey eligibility requirements?
A participant must be a Doximity member who is either (1) a current resident who has completed at least 1 year of residency OR (2) an alum who has graduated from his/her program within the last 10 years.
Important Note: If an eligible participant has already completed a Satisfaction Survey before, he or she will be ineligible to participate again.
5) What do I need to include on my Doximity profile to ensure I’m able to participate?
Residents and alumni must include the following on their Doximity profiles:
Residency Program with years attended, located in the “Education & Training” section
6) I’m seeing a message that says “You are not currently eligible to participate in this survey.” Why?
There may be a few reasons why you're seeing this message, including:
(1) You have previously participated in a Satisfaction Survey in prior years
(2) You have not yet completed one full year of residency
(3) You have graduated from your residency program more than 10 years ago
(4) You have not listed your residency program (with start and end years) on their Doximity profile page. If you have attended a residency program and have not listed the program on your Doximity profile, Doximity will not be able to identify you as a resident of a program and an eligible participant for the Satisfaction Survey.
If you are missing your residency program on your profile, please add your residency program with the years attended, wait 24 hours so our system resets your eligibility, and you'll be able to vote then.
7) When does the Satisfaction Survey close?
Starting this year, in an effort to provide the most up-to-date, relevant program reviews to our users, we will not be closing the Satisfaction Survey. We will continue to publish reviews in a timely manner after the launch date in mid-July. However, for the review to be included on the 2021-2022 Residency Navigator on launch date, The Satisfaction Survey must be submitted by June 4th.Back to Blog